What do I do if the book I am looking for is not in your CATALOGUE?
Please contact us via email email@example.com or alternatively our office number 012 362 6420 and we will source the book for you.
Do you BUY and sell SECONDHAND BOOKS?
Unfortunately, we do not buy or sell second-hand books.
CAN I SPEAK TO an actual HUMAN at Bookit?
Absolutely, you can contact us on 012 362 6420 or via our live chat feature on the bottom right of our website page.
MY EMAIL ADDRESS HAS CHANGED. HOW DO I UPDATE MY ACCOUNT?
- To change your email address, you must go to the home page and select the “person” icon
- Select create a new account
- Fill in all required fields and create account with new email address
WHAT DO I DO IF I FORGOT MY LOGIN PASSWORD?
- Click on the “person icon” on the top right corner next to the shopping cart.
- Click on the “Forgot password” link at the bottom of the screen.
- Lastly enter your email address in the required field and press enter
- Check your emails, you will receive a link to reset your password.
- Click on the link and follow the instruction process
Where can I FIND the location of your store?
- Click on the following link: https://www.bookitbooks.co.za/
- The link leads you to our home page on the website.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page
- You will see a map as well as physical address and all other relevant information
I NEED a specific BOOK urgently!! What can i do for quick assistance?
- You can contact us via 012 362 6420 or on our live chat which is allocated on the bottom right of our website page.
- We will assist you through these channels
WHAT CAN I DO IF I CAN NOT FIND THE TITLE OR COURSE CODE for the book I require ?
- You can search for it using the 13-digit ISBN code
- You are also more than welcome to contact us via our live chat or call on 012 362 6420 for assistance
HOW do I get a quote for the books I REQUIRE?
- For a detailed list of your books and their respective prices email us (firstname.lastname@example.org) include the names of your books
- Accompanied with your contact details (name and telephone number), the year you are in and course/module code (if possible)
- We will email you the quotation.
IS IT SAFE TO BUY PRODUCTS FROM Bookit?
Yes, we use Payfast for all our payment transactions and they have a secure encryption for your benefit and protection
HOW DO I PLACE AN ORDER ONLINE?
If you have an account:
- Login into our account
- Search for the book you require via Title, ISBN or course code in our catalogue
- Fill in all relevant fields and proceed to check out and follow the instructions
If you do not have an account
- Click on catalogue
- Search for the book you require via Title, ISBN or course code
- Fill in all relevant fields and follow the instructions to complete your order
HOW CAN I FIND OUT WHAT THE STATUS IS ON MY ORDER?
- Once you have placed your order
- You will receive an email with a link to track the status of your order and all other relevant information
- Click on the link and follow the prompts
HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT BEFORE I RECEIVE MY ORDER?
- Delivery periods are only acknowledged upon payment confirmation from Payfast.
- Delivery periods are calculated based on business days only if you order something over the weekend, the delivery period will only start running on the next business day, subject to payment and confirmation
- If products with different Lead-times are ordered together, the product with the longest delivery time will determine the delivery time of all the products in the order
- Weekdays means Monday to Friday 8:00 to 13:00 we do not operate on weekends or public holidays.
- Dispatching of orders:
- If you place an order and we receive the payment of the product before 11h00 and if delivery is to be made to a main centre area it will take 3 - 4 business days. Outskirts (non-main centre areas) will be an additional 1-2 business days.
DOES Bookit SELL ACADEMIC BOOKS ONLY?
Yes, specifically Accounting, Law, Financial Science and BCom, including consumables (e.g. scientific calculators)
WILL YOU DELIVER TO MY DOORSTEP?
Yes, furthermore, purchases with a value of R1500 or more they are delivered free of charge.
HOW DO I PAY?
Once you proceed with your order, it will take you to Payfast, our payment portal. You can then select your method of payment and follow the instructions on the page.
IN WHAT FORMAT IS MY Bookit EBOOK AVAILABLE?
Go to the ITSI platform, use the following link: https://store.it.si/za/home and choose the book you need.
You will find your book either in pdf format or epub format.
ON WHICH DEVICES CAN MY EBOOK BE ACCESSED?
ITSI eBooks can be accessed on all devices.
HOW DO I DOWNLOAD THE EBOOK THAT I HAVE PURCHASED?
Once you have registered with ITSI platform, it will give you step by step instructions.
CAN I PRINT THE EBOOK THAT I HAVE DOWNLOADED?
The eBooks are protected, so you will neither be able to print them nor distribute them.
CAN I BE REFUNDED ON ANY EBOOKS THAT I PURCHASED?
As we are not the direct suppliers of the eBook (the supplier is ITSI), you would have to contact them directly regarding any queries.
CAN I CHANGE MY DELIVERY ADDRESS AFTER I PLACE(D) MY ORDER?
In special circumstances only please contact us immediately should the need arise. Please ensure when placing your order all details are correct.