(Please note that this excludes all international deliveries). Please note that deliveries will take between 3 to 5 working days.
Delivery time periods
• Delivery periods are only regarded as having commenced upon payment confirmation being received by Bookit. If paying with a specific credit card for the first time on the Website, or if Bookit regards the transaction to be large and/or unusual, Bookit may carry out certain fraud checks with the cardholder’s bank and the delivery period shall only be regarded as having commenced upon completion of such checks.
• Delivery periods are calculated based on working days only. Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays are not considered in calculating delivery periods. So, for example, if you order something over the weekend, the delivery period will only start running on the next working day (usually a Monday, if it is not a public holiday), subject to payment and confirmation and fraud checks.
• Bookit makes every effort to ensure that the information supplied on the Website is accurate. Where delays and out of stock situations occur, every reasonable effort will be made to inform the purchaser.
Delivery-Lead Time explanations:
- Weekdays means Monday to Friday 8:00 to 13:00 and excludes public holidays and weekends.
- 24 hours dispatch products – these are products which are likely in stock and will be dispatched from Bookit warehouse within 24 hours, which means you should receive them within 3 to 4 working days.
- However, this only applies:
- if you order and we receive the payment of the products before 11h00 on a weekday (failure will mean, dispatching will be delayed to the next working day), and
- if delivery is to be made to a main centre in South Africa. Main centre deliveries will be made in a period of 3 to 4 working days. Delivery outside main centres usually takes an additional 1-2 working days.
- Locally sourced books which need to be ordered usually take 5 to 15 working days.
- Cost of delivery
All delivery cost and charges are indicated on our system before orders are processed.
Charges are calculated based on whether an area is a main centre or outskirt (non-main centre) region.
Outskirt area charges are higher than main centre charges, but we charge only a general fee of R95 for weight: 0-2 kg and R115 for above 2 kg
Please note that all orders over R1500 incur no delivery costs.
For your privacy, the carrier uses and protects any information that you give the carrier when you use this website.
The carrier is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The carrier may change this privacy statement from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
- Wrong address for delivery
If the customer processes an order with the wrong delivery address, the following must be done immediately:
- Contact Bookit asap via email@example.com
- Provide Shopify order number (This was sent to your email)
- Provide correct address before the 11:00 cut off time of processing orders
- If the order is already in the shipping process, the customer is liable for any additional costs incurred to achieve correct delivery.