- may limit the risk or liability of Bookit or a third party.
- may create risk or liability for the user.
- may compel the user to indemnify Bookit or a third party.
- serves as an acknowledgement, by the user, of a fact.
- “Personal Information”, and “process/processing” bear the same meanings as set out in POPI.
- “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Bookit Books.
- “you” and “your” refers to every person that accesses or uses our Platforms also referred to as a user.
- “Registered user(s)” refers to anyone registered on our Platforms and has provided us with a unique email address and password as well as other Personal Information in order, to order on our Platforms.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND PROCESS
Bookit Books processes Personal Information in a manner that is reasonable, adequate, relevant, non-excessive and purpose specific. For users to access and use our Platforms we collect and process some Personal Information. When you become a registered user, we must collect and process your Personal Information to render our services to you.
When you register to use our Platforms or use our Platform, we may collect the following Personal Information:
- Your First and Last name.
- Your Email address.
- Your Physical address.
- Your Mobile phone number.
- Your Billing address.
- Any direct email communication between yourself and our support staff
- Your product reviews (thank you!).
We may disclose your personal information to our service providers who are involved in the delivery of products or services to you. We have agreements in place to ensure that they comply with the privacy requirements as required by the Protection of Personal Information Act.
Should your Personal Information change or you wish to amend and/or correct this Personal Information you can do this by updating your registered user information in your account profile.
This information is used for contact and transactional purposes. As well as to inform you about our future products, discounts, and specials in which we think you might be interested. We would love to be able to continue sharing our latest news campaigns, and any relevant upcoming products with you via email. Since you are already receiving our communications, you have the right to unsubscribe by clicking the unsubscribe button located at the bottom of all our emails at any time.
We appreciate your assistance in protecting your personal information and look forward to being able to share our new products, and achievements with you.